Join Collective REMAKE and partners in a convivial participatory symposium: Learn, Share, Reflect, and Strategize!
Collective REMAKE and community partners are holding an interactive symposium to inform community leaders and stakeholders about the co-operatives as a sustainable solution. Co-operative businesses offer a social and economic alternative in communities that have been impacted by high rates of incarceration and economic disenfranchisement.
Co-operative businesses are democratically run and owned by the people that work there. Co-operatives operate on the values of democracy, equality, equity, self-responsibility, self-help, and solidarity.
Please join USC Partners, Reentry Leaders, LA County Agencies, systems impacted community members, and co-operative developers to explore sustainable solutions that can address the complex needs of returning citizens and local communities.
- How can co-operatives support people coming home from prison and jail?
- What can co-operatives offer economically marginalized communities?
- What are the most critical needs of people who are systems impacted?
Thank YOU to the LATTC ARCHITECTURE AND ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGN PROGRAM
To date sponsors of this event include:
- Collaborate to Liberate, USC
- Professor Marcela Oliva, LATTC Architecture and Environmental Design Program
- Nearby Consulting
- Trauma Informed LA
- Unchained Scholars
For more Info contact firstname.lastname@example.org, 310.709.8602